Thursday, August 9, 2007

Go See It - Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix!

The second in what will be an occassional on-going series of posts about movies that have been released for at least 2 weeks and that I recommend you see...
I'm making this brief because I'm working on something else today.

- Possibly the BEST Potter flick yet.

- These movies aren't meant to be stand-alone anymore; meant to capitalize on Pottermania, which likely just passed its all-time peak in the last week with the release of Deathy Hallows

- Great for those familiar with the book as well as the overarching story of Potter vs. Voldemort

- effects look great, though Grawp still cartoonish- but at least he wasn't annoying

- Imelda Staunton is Psychotic - awesome

-Not enough Snape - never is

- Dumbledore shines, esp when Ministry comes to arrest him and at the Wizard Duel with Voldemort



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet...but we'll hopefully get a movie date in!!!

Can there ever be enough Snape....NO!!!!

I can't wait to see it, and I'm glad that you liked it!